Tuesday, August 25, 2009

4 Weeks (and a day) Update

Carlisle is doing great. He is growing and changing each day which is exciting. I swear he smiled at me yesterday morning, but I haven't seen him smile since (except right before he nods off to sleep which isn't considered a real smile), so maybe by next week I will be able to post some "smile" pictures. His cousins came over on Sunday and Carlisle enjoyed his activity mat for the first time. I tried to get some pictures of him and cousin DJ "playing" together, but wasn't very successful as you will see in the pictures below. Carlisle likes when I read to him, playing on the ottoman in his nursery, and his swing. He is sleeping pretty well. We discovered the Miracle Blanket (thanks Cecily), and it keeps him swaddled and helps him sleep better. Carlisle sleeps great when he is swaddled so after a sleepless night where he kept breaking out of his swaddle, I went and purchased every swaddle blanket on the market. Right now, the miracle blanket is working the best! if you need any advice on swaddling, please ask me!

Everyone says "time flies" and I finally understand. Seriously, I can't believe Carlisle is almost a month old.

Here are some pictures from the last week:






His serious look.


DJ, me, and Carlisle.


DJ and Carlisle playing on the activity mat.


More playing.



Sound asleep after his lunch.


1 comment:

  1. Carlisle is a little ham. He is already working it for the camera.
    I think the pictures of the boys are good.
    THANKS again for watching DJ and allowing Tony to tag along :-)
    I am so so so HAPPY for you and Vance. Carlisle is just beautiful.
    The time does fly by to quickly. DJ is 9 months today and I am still unsure how Tony can be 16.
    Love you guys!!!
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete