Baby Carlisle arrived at 4:19 pm today. He weighed 6 lbs 6 oz and was 20 3/4 long. I am still in awe of him and what happened today. He is the sweetest little man in the world. I still can't believe he is ours.
It was a crazy day. I woke up from a dream about being in labor and realized my water had broken. I didn't feel any pain or anything (although I thought i was having some small contractions) so it didn't feel like I could possibly be in labor. However, once you suspect your water has broken, you have to go the hospital. Vance and I left for the hospital about 6:15 am and got checked in. They checked me and while my water had not completely broken, it was enough that they had to induce. I got potossin around 10 am and then started really having contractions. Had Epidural when I was 4 cm dialated and everything was great. Then the epidural didnt' seem to be working on my right side. My labor progressed pretty quickly- I went from 6 cm to 9/10 cm in an hour. Luckily, the doctor made it back to give me another epidural just in time. One hour of pushing, and Carlisle had arrived! Vance was a fantastic coach.
We finally got settled into our room around 7 pm. Baby Carlisle is under the heat warmer in the nursery because he is having trouble staying warm. We are hoping this doesn't mean he has an infection and we are waiting test results. Please pray for him, as we won't know for 48 hours (and this means we are here for 48 more hours, or until thursday). Thank you for all the calls, texts, emails. We appreciate all the love and support. Here are some more pictures:

CONGRATS!!!!
ReplyDeleteHe is beautiful!!!
Lots of Love to the three of you!!
Congratulations on a beautiful little boy!! He looks like a mini-me of Vance in that first picture! :-)
ReplyDeleteBaby Carlisle is a cutie. I am excited for you.
ReplyDeleteWe are so excited for y'all! He is absolutely beautiful!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! He's adorable!
ReplyDeleteYeah!!! We are so excited for you guys! What an adorable little baby boy!
ReplyDeleteLindsey & Vance - he is just precious and I agree that he looks just like his daddy. We can't wait to squeeze on him! Enjoy every little minute. We're thinking of you all!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations. He is absolutely precious! Can't wait to meet him in person!
ReplyDelete