Well, Carlisle has been having a rough week. He has been having severe pain about an hour after he eats. It has been going on for a while, but getting worse with each day. We had tried several different things, and nothing seemed to help. He doesn't spit up, so we weren't sure what the problem was. It hurt to watch him scream out in pain. He also couldn't really sleep because he would have these painful episodes throughout the night. After many calls to the doctor, a trip to the doctor, a trip to have an upper GI at the children's hospital, it is clear that Carlisle has severe acid reflux. I hate that news, but I am glad we know what is causing him pain. We have a course of action to try and help, and I have my fingers crossed that it will work.
In other news, Carlisle gave me a huge smile today. It was awesome.
Family of 6!
11 years ago

Poor Carlisle - and poor mommy. I'm really glad to hear that you figured it out though. Now, you'll be on the road to getting the normal Carlisle back.
ReplyDeleteSee - trust your mommy instincts. It was right for you to go back to the peds and tell Dr. Trey it had to be something else.
That is exactly what happened with Alex. He was refluxing, but he wasn't spitting up. It was clear to me that something was wrong, but I couldn't figure out what. Eventually, he had an episode where he was in so much pain it looked like he was having seizures. We took him to Dr. Trey :-) and he figured out that it was reflux!
ReplyDelete