Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Week 11

Wow. How is it that Carlisle is already 11 weeks old? This is my last week of maternity leave (boo...), and I have been trying to savor every moment with Carlisle. Carlisle is talking and smiling all the time now. He still loves his activity mat (especially the attachments which have flashing lights). He also loves to take walks in his stroller and watch me as I work in the kitchen. His new "skill" is sitting up in his bumbo (thanks to cousin DJ for letting us borrow).
I went for a visit at Carlisle's school today in preparation for me going back to work on Monday. I know he is going to be just fine there, but the reality of it hit me hard. I know he is going to really like seeing/playing with other kids and like his teachers. That being said, it is going to be so VERY difficult to drop him off on Monday. I am going to try and not have a hysterical crying fit, but I am afraid that is going to happen. :( Please keep me in your thoughts on Monday. I am going to need it.

In happier news, on Tuesday, the weather was gorgeous, so Alle, Henry (Alle's 6 1/2 month old son), Carlisle and I headed to the pumpkin patch at my church to try and get some good fall/Halloween pictures. Carlisle wasn't interested in getting his picture taken- at all. Part of the problem was that I had no where for Carlisle to sit, so I tried to lean him up against some pumpkins. When we go back this weekend, I am going to bring him bumbo seat so he can be more comfortable, and hopefully smile around the pumpkins!



Here are some of the latest pictures:

His first pair of jeans. His dad refuses to wear jeans, but Carlisle seems to like them.


Clutching his giraffe. The boy loves giraffes.


Carlisle and I at the pumpkin patch. I pretty much had to hold him to keep him for crying.



Here he is getting ready to start crying.



Carlisle and Henry. Henry did such a good job for the photos. Alle and I joke that they are best friends (they just don't know it yet!).




He is really NOT happy (but this shows his cute halloween onesie)!





Really, really not happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment